Nobody Move!

 A quick update this and another skirmish with the Anker under my belt with little to capture my imagination.

A return to Birchmoor AC Shuttington on the river between the lakes. This time I was not even asking the fish to move from their stations - I would go to them. A partially inflated lobworm was bounced around the whole stretch with braided mainline and a quivertip so sensitive I could see my heartbeat whilst holding the delicate rod. I stayed mobile and covered almost the entire section.

I fished roughly four inch lob worms on an eight inch hooklength with the head of the worm injected with sufficient air to barely sink the hook and then mounted onto the hook towards the head thus ensuring one end of the worm was fished just off bottom. Fished in conjunction with enough weight to sink the worm but not quite enough to fully hold bottom, my line could be cast to the far side and then bounced or lightly jerked around in a downstream arc. I was pitching for either a perch or a chub and worked hard to try and buy a bite.

I bought only buy one bite across the whole afternoon-into-dusk session which came from a Jack pike in the near margin.

My Jack Pike

For the last hour I settled into a swim with plenty of cover and fed two lines with chopped worm. At the end of the session I came home once again scratching my head.

More luck needed!

Comments

  1. I'm sure those stars will align soon Keith, keep at it !!! I had a pike grab some cheesepaste on the retrieve the other day, you do wonder sometimes !!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment